Children’s International Film Festival (CIFF) is an open invitation for all who love fun, films and popcorn!
CIFF is basically an extravaganza involving films, filmmaking workshops, film forums, and inspirational and meaningful cinema from across the world, particularly focusing on student-made films from UAE, and lots more.
Each year, CIFF brings in a range of best ‘International Films’ from across the world, and holds a ‘nationwide’ filmmaking competition across the UAE to encourage local talent.
The festival is held under the patronage of Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al Nahayan, the Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development in the UAE, and will screen 117 films during its 10-day run, out of which 61 films would be from children in the UAE.
The 10-day festival will be held at Vox Cinemas across various emirates, with parents and children from over 66 countries getting to watch movies in 55 different languages.
Over the years, the festival has seen considerable increase in submissions, with this year marking a 64 percent growth. Prizes amounting to Dh.100,000 would be given away across 35 award categories.
With a diverse range of award-winning international features spanning the globe, apart from inspirational UAE student-made films, CIFF takes you through an incredible cinematic journey. The CIFF aims to encourage young talent in filmmaking, promote meaningful children’s and teen films that are inspirational and root children in the real world.
This non-profit yearly festival, organized by the Film Studio FZ-LLC Dubai, a full-fledged film and TV production and Events Management Company, aims to establish an international standard of excellence in films and videos meant for children. It also aims to encourage work of talented, dedicated filmmakers across the world, by showcasing international films.
This is an opportunity for some of the most brilliant student minds to submit their films for the most prestigious CIFF Awards, and to become part of best filmmaking team in the UAE.
The festival includes participation of some of the most renowned, award-winning film-makers from across the world, screening their films at this festival. These movies set benchmark for what ideal children’s films should be - clean, entertaining, inspiring, and packed with moral values.
CIFF has already drawn huge attention from schools, parents, families and filmmakers in local, regional and global markets.
However, to enter into this competition, it is mandatory for schools to abide by the rules and guidelines set-forth by CIFF. The competition is open only for non-commercial productions.
As for the awards, it will be decided after short-listing the entries. The parents and teachers of film-makers whose films have been shortlisted will watch films and cast their vote before the best three in each category.
Entry into International Film Section is free. Submissions can include short films, documentaries, feature films, live-in action, clay motion or stop motion.
Schools - Entry Rules
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Films can be either submitted to Group A or Group B, or both groups.
- Films submitted can be live-action, animation or stop-motion, but now a mix of two or more of these.
- Schools can submit as many films as they wish.
- Film submitted in Group A shall be for students studying in Grade 9 to Grade 13. They can be either live-action, animation or stop-motion.
- Films submitted in Group B shall be by students studying in Grade 6 to Grade 8, and can be either of live-action, animation or stop-motion.
- All forms, whether online or otherwise shall be filled in and submitted by the nominated representative of the school. CIFF will not directly accept forms from students.
International Film Makers - Entry Rules
- Entry to the international film section is free.
- Submissions to this section can include short-films, documentaries, feature-films in live-action, clay-motion, animation, or stop-motion.
- The films can be produced in any country, and you may submit as many as you want.
- All submissions, whether online or otherwise, should be filled in and submitted only by the individual authorized to license screening rights of the films. CIFF will not accept forms from any other persons.
CIFF films are for all. With a range of 117 films, get ready for an incredible journey at festival screenings. As a child or an adult, you will be inspired to chase your own unique dreams in your unique ways. So, just relax and enjoy the show!!
Children's International Film Festival
c/o The Film Studio FZ LLC
303, Building no. 4, P O Box 478834
Dubai Studio City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
T: +971 (4) 375-5270
F: +971 (4) 454-2541