The region’s largest, most-awaited family entertainment and cultural event of the year, Global Village 2018-19 closed curtains having seen the biggest-ever season on 13th April 2019. The world’s leading multicultural festival is also the region’s first family destination for culture, shopping and entertainment.
The Season 23 of Global Village welcomed a record-breaking number of more than 7 million guests during its 166 days of operation in Dubai, marking a steep jump of 16 percent or more in visitor numbers, in comparison to the previous season.
Dubai's leading family entertainment and cultural attraction, the Global Village Season 23 was held from 30th October 2018 to 13th April 219, under the theme “Explore, Experience, Enjoy. This way!”
The fine weather, food, the mini world tour in a glance, are some of the aspects that draw visitors from across the globe to Dubai Global Village every year, and the fireworks during the event, are only an icing on the cake. It is not just the grandeur of the place that leave the people awestruck, but also the world-class hospitality that they experienced here. Several tourists plan their trip to Dubai around this season of the event, so that they do not miss the Global Village attractions.
Global Village 2018-19 (season 23) the most successful till date
This year’s season of Global Village completed over Dh.3billion worth business transactions, with 3500 outlets showcasing cultures of more than 78 countries, all catered to with a combined staff of over 10000 partners and employees from 95 nationalities. On the whole, Season 23 Global Village achieved quantitative increase in all categories of evaluation, accounting for the largest number of outlets in shopping, entertainment and dining. It was also the best platform to host biggest festivals, shows, concerts, games and events in the history.
There was significant increase (16% rise) in the number of guests this season, given, the superior infrastructure, increased parking spaces, new flat crossovers, the multi-use walkways, fresh green spaces, and additional seating areas. Visitors did not have to face any congestion issues with traffic during the entire season.
According to Chief Executive Officer of Global Village, Bader Anwahi, the success of Season 23 is a major milestone in the evolution of Global Village. Global Village leads the entertainment industry in the UAE and is currently a permanent fixture in the itinerary of tourists visiting the region from far and wide.
Season 23 - A series of firsts
This season has witnessed a series of firsts, for instance, the 23rd edition has set a new guest record with 16% more guest numbers than the 22nd season. Also the Guest Happiness Index score has touched 9.1/10, in comparison to 9/10 in Season 22.
Apart from these, Global Village is the first entertainment destination to achieve 5-star grading by completion of prestigious best practice Five Star Occupational Health and Safety Audit by the British Safety Council. This implies its commitment towards constant improvement of its Health and Safety Management Systems and other associated systems.
This season of Global Village introduced several firsts as listed below
- Hosted the world's first multi-cultural floating market
- Popular cuisines introduced through 38 outlets from boats, bank-side kiosks and Tuk-Tuks.
- Dancing fountains with light and sound shows on the largest underwater screen
- The ‘Wheel of World’ with 60m height,
- The enormous 50m LED screen
- An interactive Kids’ Theatre that hosts a range of events and workshops for children
- The super loop stunt show, a full-scale stunt show with breath-taking performances by more than 30 professional stunt performers
- ‘Live our Heritage’ festival that features best of Emirati culture and craftsmanship
- Eight new flat bridges drawing inspiration from the most popular architectural icons of the world.
- Carnival Funfair experience with more than 30 exhilarating rides, 30 skill games, 100 Arcade games and more.
Visitors to the festival also enjoy the 'Circus Circus' show hosted throughout the season at the new Circus tent and showcased the best classical circus shows and performances from across the world in a unique ambience.
Achievements of Season 23
- Season 23 broke records for hosting more than 430,000 visitors during the 47th National Day held last year. The destination was the top choice for people in the UAE to celebrate the special occasion by hosting several interactive and unique festivities that spread happiness across the park.
- The Closing Ceremony of the Host Town Programme for the Special Olympics at Global Village, which involved hosting the Special Olympics torch with fun and interactive activities were held in March 2019 involving participation of over 4500 athletes.
- Global Village continued to remain the most preferred concert destination of the UAE, with 24 concerts having taken place on the main stage in Season 23, with performances by big international superstars including Jason Derulo, Miami Band, Jay Sean, Mohammed Hamaki, Majid Al Mohandis, Neha Kakkar, Samira Said, Balqees, Mohammed Mounir and others.
- Visitors were able to enrich their cultural experience, as the new cultural experience zones at the 27 pavilions showcased the world’s most beautiful monuments and civilizations and cultures of more than 78 countries, highlighting the important feature of various countries.
- Shoppers hosted more than 3500 retail outlets in total that gave an unprecedented choice and range of products to shoppers. This was one of the key reasons for increased visitor numbers in Season 23.
- Another key highlight this season was the broad range of food and beverage options ranging from 24 restaurants and cafes, more than 140 Food and Beverage kiosks, all spread across the park. Season 23 offered the best international street food experience with cuisines ranging from the Far East to Middle East, and from Asia to Europe, Africa, and the Americas. There were nine new cuisines from Mexico, China, Gulf and Cuba. Apart from street foods, some of the sweets, snacks and beverages were found only in the Global Village.
Global Village is the first family destination for culture, shopping, entertainment in the region. Ever-since inception, it has represented various aspects of the world, and has been able to create a smile on the faces of millions of guests each season. The best form of culture and richness of different countries are represented in the best possible way in this lively festival. Unique international cuisine and awesome entertainment experiences can be enjoyed with a ticket worth just Dh.15. The Global Village is held annually from November to April.
For season 24 dates, call: +97143624114
Connect to Global Village at:
Facebook: Global Village AE
Dh.15 per person
Free for children aged 3 years and under, senior citizens over 65 years and registered persons of determination and carers.
Tickets are available online and at the gates from 3.30pm daily until half an hour prior to closure.
Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Road, Exit 37
Saturday to Wednesday: 4pm to midnight
Thursday, Friday and public holidays : 4pm to 1am
Monday: Family day
Thursday and Friday: Firework display at 9pm
Every Thursday 7.30pm - Parade of the World.
Global Village - Dubai Shopping Festival Video