'Incredible' doesn't even begin to describe this place. The Marina Mall is so expansive that they had to put four diagrams on their website to display it entirely. Construction began on the mall in 2005 and with a span of 390,000 square feet of leasing area and 116 retail shops, a collection of cafes and eateries, four floors of parking with 2000 spaces, a Waitrose Supermarket, a children’s play area called the Kids Zone, a six screen cinema and an attached hotel, there’s really no reason to ever leave!
Hours of Operation
Unless you’re staying at the hotel; so for those of you just visiting the mall, hours of operation are as follows:
- The food court: Saturdays 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM; Thursday through Friday 10:00 AM to midnight; Sunday through Wednesday 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Waitrose Marina Mall: Saturday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM; Thursday and Friday 8:00 AM to midnight; Sunday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- The main shopping mall area: Saturdays 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM; Thursday and Friday 10:00 AM to midnight; Sunday through Wednesday 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Ramadan: Saturdays noon to 10:00 PM; Thursday and Friday noon to 12:00 AM; Sunday through Wednesday noon to 11:00 PM.
Food and Drinks
With no shortage of things to drink and eat in the mall, you will find:
- Cafés: Starbucks (open 0800-2300 every day), Café Nero, Café Blanc, and Eric Kayser.
- Level 2 food court: Asia in Wok, Cinnabon (first food shop to open), Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Mrs Vanellis, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Baskin Robbins, Saj Express, India Palace, and Subway. A splendid view of the marina is available and in the outdoor seating area.
- Various additional assorted restaurants: Yo! Sushi, Biella, Carluccio's, Gourmet Burger Kitchen (GBK), Noodle Factory, Dean & Deluca, Bateel Restaurant, TGI Fridays, and Karam Beirut Lebanese Restaurant.
Shop till you drop
Housing stores too numerous to list, the mall contains jewelry and watches, financial services (banks), supermarket, stationary, cards and books, outdoor and sporting goods, mobile phones and various communication accessories, optical needs, electronics, cosmetics, perfumes, other health and beauty products, and fashion galore. With all that shopping and eating, seriously, when will you find time to go home?