The Dubai Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has announced several guidelines to be followed during Ramadan this year.
The authority said that the community has to remain committed towards preventive measures in order to create a safe environment, and should understand that “Everyone is responsible”, as emphasized by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai
It was announced that an intensive inspection campaign would be done, and strict action would be taken against violators. The authority also said that individuals and families should comply with the preventive protocols, which is crucial to safeguard the community against Covid-19.
A release, issued by the Dubai Media Office said that the public should ensure that they comprehensively and stringently adhere to all Covid-19 precautionary measures outlined by authorities during Ramadan.
People should avoid large social gatherings during Ramadan and adhere to protective measures including wearing face masks and maintaining physical distancing.
Meanwhile, Dubai is committed to continuing its vaccination campaign during Ramadan as part of its efforts to promote a lasting recovery from the pandemic.
Guidelines to be followed:
- Hosting / participating in large gathering is strictly prohibited during Ramadan
- Elderly people, those with chronic diseases should avoid family visits and social gatherings.
- Iftar and Suhoor should be shared only be people living in the same house.
- Ramadan tents, Iftar and donation tents are not allowed.
- Setting up tents at home, hosting gatherings in Ramadan Majilises is banned.
- Distribution of food and such other donations should be made only through approved charity organizations in Dubai.
- Taraweeh prayers can be performed in Mosques, provided, worshippers follow all precautionary measures including wearing face masks and observing physical distancing.
- The maximum permitted duration of prayers in Mosques is 30 minutes.
- People should reduce wastage of food and rationalize food consumption during Ramadan.
- There will be period inspections to ensure full adherence to precautionary measures by all, including restaurants and charity organizations, and those violating will face stiff penalties.