Indian nationals with a visa or residence permit issued by the US, UK or an EU Member State can visit Abu Dhabi from Indian cities.
An approval from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) is not necessary said Etihad Airways on its website.
Covid-19 Vaccination is not a condition for entry anymore, but you may have to show your testing status when you visit public places, the airline said.
According to Etihad, the other categories of people who are allowed entry into Abu Dhabi are:
- Residents of the UAE who are fully vaccinated. They should submit proof of having received both doses of Covid19 vaccine within the UAE at least 14 days prior to travel.
- Medical staff, those working in education sector, and students studying in the UAE.
- Those travelling for medical reasons.
- A federal government agency worker.
- UAE national. ICA approval not required in this case.
- Golden Visa holder or Silver Visa holders. They do not require ICA approval.