Dubai Municipality has amended the COVID-19 protocols for cafes, restaurants and other food establishments in the city to ensure improved safety of the public during the pandemic.
The authority, in its tweet, said “Dubai Municipality amended the protocol and guidelines in Circular 45 for food establishments in a manner that ensures everyone’s safety and meets their entertainment needs.”
The new guidelines issued include:
- Cafes and restaurants should ensure that the social distancing protocols and mask mandates are followed by customers, irrespective of whether they come from the same family or otherwise.
- The outlets should restrict the number of people in each group to eight individuals per table in a general restaurant, and five individuals per table in a shisha café.Save
- An entertainment curfew, which is also applicable to hotels in Dubai has been announced with immediate effect. While venues and conferences are required to wind up their activities by 1am, hotels and food and beverage services are required to suspend by 3am, including closing of venues (except delivery and room services).
- The outlets should ensure that visitors wear face masks always except while eating.
- The tables should be placed at least two metres apart from each other or temporary isolators should be introduced.