The Dubai Health Authority (DHA), together with the Dubai Police, has now announced that residents with certain medical conditions can now seek permits for exemption from wearing face masks.
The DHA General Medical Committee Office will evaluate the applications submitted. The applications should include a medical report confirming that the applicant suffers from medical problems which could be aggravated when wearing face masks.
The applications can be submitted through the Dubai Police website www.dxbpermit.gov.ae. Further, apart from the reports, the application should include the applicant’s Emirates ID.
The Committee will evaluate the request and the medical documents against certain specific criteria and conditions. The application will be processed in five days’ time. The validity of exemption granted will depend on his or her health condition.
- Those suffering from fungal dermatitis, particularly if they have symptoms in the face too like itching, bleeding and scaly skin.
- Those allergic to any component of a mask such as contact dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, contact urticaria.
- Individuals with severe herpes simplex infection affecting the face, nose or mouth.
- Individuals with uncontrolled chronic sinusitis.
- Individuals with uncontrolled asthma.
- People of Determination, who have mental and psychological conditions.
The DHA emphasized that the decision to permit exemptions to certain categories of individuals alone, is part of its objectives to ensure safety and well-being of the public.
Although wearing of masks is no mandatory for people with exemptions, the authority suggested wearing of face mask in public places as much as possible, so that they can protection themselves and others from risk of infection.