Hundreds of people are set to visit the venues on the first day of the new Silver Jubilee season of Global Village, due to open on 29th October 2020.
A host of health and safety protocols are in place, which includes frequent disinfection, thermal screening, contactless payment, and setting up of hand sanitizer stations and offering free masks to children.
The crowd within the park will be closely managed, and if the park reaches its ultimate capacity, the public will be alerted through social media, website and mobile apps.
The Dubai Media Office tweeted that a list of strict precautionary health measures is in place as Dubai Global Village is set to open doors for its 25th Season. The office has remined all guests to wear face masks always when within the park, and maintain at least two-metre physical distancing from others.
The Chief Operating Officer at Global Village, Ali Al Suwaidi said “At Global Village, the comfort and well-being of our guests drives our operational decisions. We are proud of our strong health and safety record and strive to set benchmarks for our industry. We became the first theme park in the world to win the “Sword of Honour” accreditation for safety management excellence from the British Safety Council and continue to work alongside international bodies such as the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA).”
Hospital for medical emergencies
Global Village announced that the Prime Hospital Clinic will be operational within the park, in case of any medical emergencies. The staff here, will conduct PCR tests too for Global Village guests upon request.
Here’s the complete list of Covid-19 protocols at the Dubai Global Village:
1. All guests are required to wear face masks at all times.
2. A minimum of two metre physical distancing has to be maintained by all.
3. Any individual with symptoms such as fever or cough, should avoid visiting the park.
4. The elderly with chronic conditions are advised to avoid visiting crowded areas.
5. All entry points will have thermal cameras installed in order to check the temperature of staff and guests prior to their entry.
6. More than 600 hand sanitizer stations will be spread across the park.
7. Shopping trolleys, wheelchairs and other commonly used items will be sanitized after each use.
8. Restaurants too are required to follow physical distancing guidelines and should disinfect chairs and tables after each use. Sanitize every utensil after use.
9. Guests will have a dedicated seating area in the front of the main stage, to ensure that physical distancing is maintained.
10. As for payments, contactless payments are available for all restaurants, retail outlets and F&B kiosks.
11. All common areas, touch points will be sterilised frequently during working hours.
12. Children will be distributed complimentary face masks.
13. Carnival rides and games will be operated at reduced capacity, and will be sanitized after every use.
14. The prayer halls will be opened only at times of prayer, and will be sanitized after prayer hours.
15. Valet parking will not be available, instead, guests will be offered paid parking in front of the Gate of the World. Parking facilities too will be disinfected every night.