The holiday season is almost here, but the Covid-19 precautions need to be in place. While basic social distancing and safety guidelines are to be followed, it is important to know what is permitted and what is not, as per the current rules in the UAE.
- Concerts are allowed only on approval from concerned authorities, and should be conducted ‘only’ by adhering to all necessary precautionary measures.
- While some public events are allowed, they have to obtain prior approval from relevant authorities. Also, while attending public events, people should ensure that all health and safety measures are being followed. Physical distancing of two metres and mandatory wearing of masks should be followed at all times.
- Celebrations at workplaces have been cancelled, and only hanging of decorations, flags and banners are allowed. As far as possible, meet ups should be through virtual chats.
- Gatherings to watch shows and firework displays are not allowed.
- All facilities need to be regularly sanitized and disinfected. The rules call for constant cleaning and sterilization every hour for all public facilities.