UAE Chapter of ICAP Members registered under Pakistan Association Dubai conducts an IFRS Workshop on 18th January.
Pakistan Association Dubai, Oud Metha Road, Dubai
18 January 2020, 09:00 AM
18 January 2020, 02:00 PM
Pakistan Association Dubai conducts an IFRS Workshop: IFRS 9 — Financial Instruments, IFRS 16 – Leases, IFRS 15 — Revenue from Contracts with Customers and IAS 19 – Employee Benefits on 18th January from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm..
This workshop will include a summary of the main changes brought by IFRS 9 and IFRS 16, discussion on practical examples, and highlights on key matters of professional interest from a successful implementation viewpoint. This event is free to attend.
Key highlights of the Session
IFRS 9 — Financial Instruments
- Overview of IFRS 9
- Classification and measurement
- The general approach
- The simplified approach
- The purchased or originated credit-impaired approach
IFRS 16 - Leases
- Scope of application and key differences from IAS 17 Leases
- Single model applied to identify a lease contract and separate components of a contract that
contains a lease
- New lessee accounting requirements: single approach to recognition of lease contracts.
- Recognition of the right to use an asset and the lease liability: calculation examples
- Accounting by lessors. Additional disclosure requirements
- Adoption and transitional provisions
IAS 19 – Employee Benefits
- Plan Amendment, Curtailment or Settlement (Amendments to IAS 19) issued
- Accounting Requirements for employee benefits
- Short Term Benefits
- Post-Employment Benefit
- Termination Benefits
IFRS 15 — Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Overview of IFRS 15
- 5 Step Model
- Discussion about key practical issues