Set yourself apart as an educator and learn about the principles of Positive Education at 'Introduction to Positive Education course' at Deira International School on September 22.
Deira International School Al Badia Boulevard, Dubai
22 September 2019, 09:00 AM
22 September 2019, 03:30 PM
Introduction to Positive Education is a comprehensive one-day course that gives an overview of the principles of Positive Education and how it can help school communities to flourish. This event will be held at Deira International School on September 22.
Participants will have the chance to try out key wellbeing activities and interventions drawn from Geelong Grammar’s School’s world-leading Positive Education programme. This course explores the benefits of Positive Education, the underlying research that guides teaching practice and the GGS Model of Positive Education.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Positive Psychology and wellbeing science
- The benefits of and evidence for Positive Education programmes
- The VIA classification of character strengths
- The six domains of wellbeing within the GGS Model for Positive Education
- The GGS 'Learn, Live, Teach, Embed' framework
- Opportunities for further training and support from the Institute of Positive Education.
This course is charged in Australian dollars, but is approximately equal to 850 Emirati Dirhams.