Dubai flights: Passengers who have trips scheduled in December are advised to plan their journeys carefully
30 November 2023, 12:00 AM
31 December 2023, 12:00 AM
Dubai's flagship carrier Emirates on Wednesday alerted its passengers to an airport rush — which is expected to start in two days.
If you're travelling in December, plan your journey carefully, the airline tells passengers, as departure numbers peak throughout the festive month, including over the UAE National Day and Christmas holidays.
During most December weekends, more than 75,000 Emirates passengers are expected to fly out of Dubai International Airport (DXB) each day.
Earlier this week, DXB also said they were gearing up for their "busiest winter ever" with seven international airlines launching services to nine new destinations.
To help travellers beat the airport rush, Emirates listed the following tips:
• Arrive at the airport up to 3 hours before a flight and take note of your boarding time to ensure you reach the departure
gate on time.
•Take advantage of a wide array of check-in and baggage drop options.
• Choose from Emirates City Check In and Travel Store; the newly refurbished First and Business Class Check-In areas at
Dubai International Airport; private home check-in services; or remote check-in facilities.
• Download the Emirates app to access flight details.
• Customers can also check in on Emirates.com.
• Passengers who are departing from Dubai can check-in early and drop off their bags 24 hours before departure, or 12
hours before departure if flying to the US. Then closer to departure time, customers can proceed directly to the
immigration area in the airport.
• Save time at airport and check in at the Emirates City Check in and Travel Store in ICD Brookfield Place, Dubai
International Financial Centre (DIFC) instead.
• DUBZ agents complete the check-in process in the customer’s home, hotel, or office, and take the bags to the flight while
customers are free to breeze through the airport later. Passengers can book at least 24 hours before a flight and proceed
to the airport check-in up to six hours before the flight departs. The Home Check-In service is complimentary for First