The 2021 Dubai World Cup Carnival kicks off at Meydan Racecourse on 21st January evening with a glittering seven-race card highlighted by four Group contests
Dubai , Dubai
21 January 2021, 12:00 AM
31 January 2021, 12:00 AM
The 2021 Dubai World Cup Carnival, one of the most highly anticipated events on the international racing calendar, kicks off at Meydan Racecourse on Thursday evening.
The carnival starts with a glittering seven-race card sponsored by Meydan Pillar Partners Azizi Developments and highlighted by the first round of the Al Maktoum Challenge (Group 2).
Fans are in for a treat with high-class races such as the Group 2 Al Fahidi Fort and Group 2 Singspiel Stakes also on the curtain-raiser to the seven-week long extravaganza.
And while all the seven races can hold their own, looking at the quality of the field, the feature of the night is undoubtedly Round 1 of the Al Maktoum Challenge.
1. Al Furjan, TB, Handicap, 1400M (a7F), Dirt, $65,000, 6.30 p.m
2. Dubai Racing Club Classic, TB, Listed Handicap, 2410M (a12F), Turf, $88,000, 7.05 p.m
3. Dubawi Stakes, TB, Group 3, 1200M (a6F), Dirt, $130,000, 7.40 p.m
4. Singspiel Stakes, TB, Group 2, 1800M (a9F), Turf, $163,000, 8.15 p.m
5. Al Maktoum Challenge R1, TB, Group 2, 1600M (a8F), Dirt, $228,000, 8.50 p.m
6. Al Fahidi Fort, TB, Group 2, 1400M (a7F), Turf, $163,000, 9.25 p.m
7. Dubai Dash, TB, Listed Handicap, 1000M (a5F), Turf, $88,000, 10 p.m