Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has come up with a parents’ guidebook to ensure safety of their children at school.
Dubai , Dubai
19 February 2021, 12:00 AM
28 February 2021, 12:00 AM
Student health and safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is of prime concern to parents, school and health authorities.
Keeping this in mind, the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has come up with a parents’ guidebook to ensure safety of their wards at school. The guidebook highlights 10 practices that parents must avoid and also provides updated, accurate and reliable information regarding COVID-19 to families and communities.
Stressing upon the importance of complying with health instructions, Dr Hend Al Awadhi, Head of Health Promotion and Education at the DHA, said it was important that parents adhered to all health instructions issued by schools as detailed in the guidebook.
Following are the brief guidelines:
1. Do not send your child to school if he or she has symptoms.
2. Avoid sending the child to school even if you are on the way to school and notice symptoms
3. Use of school bus when you suspect your child has symptoms
4. Do not send your child to school if she or she has been a close contact of a positive case.
5. Avoid sending your child to large gatherings and parties
6. Do not keep your child ignorant about preventive measures to avoid exposure and infection
7. Do not spare the face mask
8. Do not share personal items with others
9. Parents must not be casual about their child’s mental health
10.Do not ignore precautionary measures